Our dental exams and cleanings are designed to help prevent and catch any signs of dental disease. Through regular visits, Dr. Jay Patel, Dr. Kanak Trivedi and Dr. Dilip Dudhat can provide early treatment and preserve as much of the natural tooth as possible. Our dental exams are comprehensive and will include:
- A screening for signs of oral cancer, an examination including the gums, throat, tongue, lips, neck and overall face
- A screening for signs of periodontal, or gum, disease within the tissue of the gums or dental tissue near the gum line
- A visual check for general signs of tooth decay
- Examining the integrity of fillings, crowns, bridges, and other fixed prosthetics
- Radiographs, or X-rays, that examine the entire tooth structure and neighboring alignment for anomalies.
With most exams, our dentists will also provide a professional dental cleaning. This often includes:
- Removing built-up plaque. Plaque attaches itself to the surface of the tooth. This film is a source of bacteria growth and can harden into tarter or even cause gum disease.
- Removing built-up tarter. Tarter, or calculus, forms on the exposed portion of the tooth and is difficult to remove without specialized instruments.
- Tooth polishing. In addition to removing traces of plaque, it can also lighten some discoloration on the enamel.
For your own cleaning or dental exam in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, contact our office at 215-637-7474.